Saturday, January 21, 2012

Six Sentence Sunday - 1/22/2012


Today is Six Sentence Sunday, where both published and non-published writers share six sentences from their work. I'm sharing an excerpt from my debut novel, LIFE ON THE EDGE, released earlier this month by Astraea Press.

In this week's excerpt, Emily and Chris have just finished their short program warm-up at Skate America, their first international competition of the season.

Time expired, and we followed Sergei backstage to await our turn to skate. On cue, the muscles in my legs twitched more violently, and my stomach did a gymnastics routine.


I paced the narrow, gray corridor while Chris relaxed in a metal folding chair. The click-clack of my plastic skate guards on the cement floor echoed off the stone walls. Sergei watched me walk in circles before putting his arm around me. At the touch of his hand on my bare shoulder, my insides went from doing back flips to slowly melting like the last snow of winter.


Thanks for stopping by! To read Six Sentence Sunday from other writers or to sign up, visit the Six Sunday site here.

10 comments:

  1. She's so vulnerable here. I hope Sergei is a good man. Would like to know more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job with the first person POV. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A hot partner is always a great cure for stage fright. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I hope Sergei is a good man too

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent descriptions. Great job.

    Michelle
    www.Michelle-Pickett.com

    Author of Concilium, available July 2012
    Concilium: The Departure, November 2012
    PODs, available June 2013

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you to everyone who visited today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. "my insides went from doing back flips to slowly melting like the last snow of winter."
    I just love that description, wonderful six.

    ReplyDelete