Saturday, May 26, 2012

Six Sentence Sunday - EDGE OF THE PAST

Today is Six Sentence Sunday, where both published and non-published writers share six sentences from their work. I'm sharing six lines from my WIP, the sequel to LIFE ON THE EDGE. Working title is EDGE OF THE PAST, and the snippet includes my two main characters Emily and Sergei.


I arched my neck to look straight into Sergei's eyes. "Then why don't you show me how thankful you are?"


He bent his head, and our lips met, sweet and light at first, then fuller and hungrier. Sergei's hands slid down into the back pockets of my jeans, pressing me against his body. I clung to his shoulders and stood on the toes of my flats, giving me deeper reach into his mouth. The electric heat from his lips, his breath, his touch lit me up all over.


What could Sergei be thanking Emily for? Looks like he's pretty grateful ;-) Hope you enjoyed this little sneak peek!


To read Six Sentence Sunday from other writers or to sign up, visit the Six Sunday site here.

7 comments:

  1. Awesome tease! I'm looking forward to the sequel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gratitude can be so sweet! Especially when its of the kissing type! Great 6!

    ReplyDelete
  3. April DangerfieldMay 27, 2012 at 1:39 PM

    Whatever he's thanking her for, it must be good!! I am so looking forward to this sequel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your name snagged me; I just had to check out your six. I'm glad I did. Very nice realism and warmth in these sentences. How invitingly sexy.

    --Kimberly K. Comeau

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hot kiss! Looks like a very thankful kiss ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, wow. This is positively DELICIOUS!

    ReplyDelete