Sunday, August 18, 2013

Music Monday

In this week's Music Monday, I'm listening to a couple of classical pieces I definitely want to use as skating music in a future book. I can already envision the programs!

The first piece is Prelude to the Afternoon of a Faun by Claude Debussy. He also composed Clair de Lune, which Emily and Chris skated to in EDGE OF THE PAST. There's something so beautiful about this work, the way the music starts so calmly and then rises and falls with such emotion. It's very ethereal!

Prelude to the Afternoon of a Faun by Debussy

And a bonus video of Adam Rippon's performance using the music at the 2013 Gardena Spring Trophy (LOVE this program!!):


The second piece of music I plan to use is Symphony No. 3 (Organ Symphony) by Camille Saint-Saens. I especially love the Poco Adagio movement. It's so rich and passionate and made for skating!

Organ Symphony by Saint-Saens

And more bonus video! Here's Jeremy Abbott skating to this piece at the 2010 National Championships. One of the most brilliant performances I've ever seen:

No comments:

Post a Comment