Monday, February 3, 2014

Monday Moves

Since we're on the eve of the 2014 Winter Olympics (YAYYYY!!!!), I thought I'd feature a move from one of my favorite Olympic exhibition programs. Katia Gordeeva and Sergei Grinkov came out of the professional ranks to compete at the Olympics in 1994, and they were magnificent in winning their second gold medal. I had the entire 1994 Olympic exhibition on videocassette, and I watched it obsessively for months. This program was one of the standouts. Every move in it is exquisite, but I particularly love the dance lift where Katia goes onto Sergei's back and their arms and legs are stretched in perfect unison, showing off their gorgeous lines. There will never be another pair like them!


And speaking of the Olympics, get ready because I'm going to be giving away lots of EDGE series and skating-themed prizes during the Games! I'll also have special features on all the American skaters so you can get to know them a little. The blog will be hopping starting Friday, so you'll definitely want to stop by!

No comments:

Post a Comment